Thursday, January 28, 2010

About me/ My mission

I am a mother of two, a student, a wife, and a pretty poor house keeper. I think that the Standard American Diet (SAD) is the reason for the majority of the health problems we experience as Americans. My family and I have made a commitment to an organic diet and lifestyle. I am vocal about my belief in organic and whole foods. In my speaking with friends and family I have discovered a lot of reasons why people do not eat organic.

1. Cost
2. Availability
3. Why bother?
4. Time
5. Inconvenience

I decided to write this blog to chronicle my family's journey out of SAD and into a healthy organic diet. I will share recipes for quick and healthy meals, give tips about where to find good organic food, share my pitfalls (we all fall off of the wagon sometimes) and basically describe what it is like to be a busy family of four and live organically. Hopefully through this blog I can inspire my friends, family, and complete strangers to live organically. It isn't just about what you eat anymore, it's about where what you eat comes from. This country is in need of a food revolution and I am hoping to do my small part with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment